Read the following Diocese of Lismore important information.
Map of the regions within the Diocese of Lismore
List of schools within the Diocese of Lismore
Classification & Recognition of Prior Service
NESA (previously BOSTES)
Recognition of Interstate Teaching Service for Classification and Progression
Applicants must comply with current legislative Child Protection requirements by completing the New Working with Children Check . You may still complete your Teacher Registration for Employment and forward it to the CSO but you cannot begin work in the Diocese without a check being provided. Once you have received your Working With Children Check application number please advise the CSO office by the postal or email address at the bottom of this page.
Register with the CSO for employment by completing the Teacher Registration for Employment form. This is a Microsoft Word document and is not to be handwritten. Use the drop down boxes when adding your information. We require you to advise all your details and information on this form, eg. for “Teaching Record” do not put “see attached information, resume etc”. Once completed, print and sign the application before sending to CSO Lismore. This application cannot be submitted online and should not be emailed – a hard copy of these documents are required.
Choose “Enable Macros” when opening the Microsoft Word document
Use the tab key or mouse click throughout the registration form to access drop down boxes with content for you to select
“Save As” before printing to avoid loss of data
Include ALL relevant documentation required:
1. Child Protection – Working with Children Check- Refer Step 2
2. Certified copies of Identification for 100 Points Check must be included with your application.
3. Statement of Service from previous employers – (relating to teaching)
A Statement of Service from an employer sets out the period of employment and the nature of the employment (e.g. part time, full time).
Also the statement should indicate if any leave without pay was taken.
4. For experienced teachers: copies of degrees, diplomas or academic transcripts stating that you have satisfied all the requirements for the awards you have attained
5. For beginning teachers: up to date transcript and certified copies of two most recent practicums
6. Religious qualifications if applicable
7. Relevant certificates/qualification of courses undertaken
8. NESA (previously BOSTES) Teacher Accreditation requirements i.e Accreditation Level and NESA (BOSTES) Number.
Interstate Applicants Please provide documented evidence of the date of full registration granted by the interstate teacher accreditation authority
9. Make an application for recognition of prior service if applicable
Once you have completed all the steps including reading the information provided in Step 1 and have all your relevant documentation, please forward it along with your completed registration form to:
Please note we require your application to be posted, do not fax or email the application.