Diocese of Lismore

Catholic Schools Office Lismore

Education Officer Richmond


Applications are invited by the Catholic Schools Office Lismore for the position of Education Officer for the Richmond cluster for a period of 3 years. The Education Officer is responsible for managing initiatives that focus on system-wide needs for specialist professional support and strategic advice in the key areas of primary curriculum and pedagogy. The Education Officer provides support to leaders and classroom teachers with the objective to enhance school improvement.

This position is situated within the School Evangelisation and Catechetical Services (SEACS) and Learning Services as part of a service team assisting with school curriculum needs including the ongoing implementation of the religious education Curriculum and Australian Curriculum in NSW, Contemporary Learning and reflective practices such as School Review and Improvement and Compliance Audits.

Full details of this role are here.

Other useful information is below:

Referee Report

Parish Priest Report

Catholic Schools at a Crossroads

Foundational Values for Catholic Identity and Mission

Applicants are asked to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and arrange for (3) referee reports to be sent directly to the recruitment email address below (one of which will be from your Parish Priest)


Applications close Friday 27 September 2019

Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.  Applicants must have legal right to work within Australia.

Information for teachers from interstate  
If you are moving to NSW from another Australian state or territory, and you want to work as a teacher in NSW, you will be required to be accredited by the National Education Standards Authority (NESA). Each employer in NSW may have their own employment criteria and you should ensure you are aware of any specific requirements such as tertiary study in specific areas.

Already registered with another Australian teaching body?  
If you hold current full registration from another Australian teacher registration body, your registration may be recognised by NESA.  You will still need to apply for Provisional or Conditional Accreditation in NSW. You can then apply to have your interstate registration recognised through a process called Mutual Recognition.